This Little Light of Mine, I'm gonna let it Shine!
"This Little Light of Mine,
I'm gonna let it Shine!
Dear Precious Saints of MBC,
I trust you are doing well and looking forward to Sunday!
Connie and I are in Michigan visiting our family. We were in the car with 3 of the grand-kids and we sang the song "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine...till Jesus comes."
One of the ways we let our light shine is by sharing the Good News of Jesus Christ. Sharing Christ is not only a responsibility we have, but a privilege. Building a relationship with our neighbors is important. Look and ask yourself are my neighbors saved? Do they go to a Bible-teaching, Bible believing church? Do they know about God's great love for them?
Here are some practical ideas that may help you share Christ with your friends and neighbors.
- Find out their birthdays and send them a personal card with a warmhearted note.
- Offer to cut their grass and get their mail when they go away on vacation.
- Take them some homemade bread or cookies, or some little goodie they would appreciate. * Invite them to your home for coffee, a cookout, or dessert.
- Smile at them whenever you see them. You'll be surprised how this helps.
- If a neighbor is new to the area, a little housewarming gift is a kind way of saying "welcome."
- If they have little children, offer to baby-sit for them sometime-for free.
- If they are in the hospital, be sure to visit them and offer to take care of things at home.
Be sure to pray for your friends, neighbors and loved ones, and look for little ways to show them kindness. These little acts of friendship may provide an opportunity to share our Lord with those around you.
In the light of His glory and grace,
Don't miss this Sunday! Our former Pastor, Ken Hornok will be preaching. Many of you who are new to MBC have never before heard Ken preach. You will not want to miss this time of worship!